34? Not really. But it's up in the top 50 FAQ for sure!
I don't have anything against RVs, nor do I have anything against the government or the powers that be. I'm not a "screw this grid, I'm off it!" person. I'm also not a pothead, a junkie, a rebel, or a hater!
What I do have is a desire to have my life work for me, so I can do what I was born to do, what I've lived to do, and have it work in a way that's a little bit different. What started as a dream when I was 8 or 9--to live in a small space on some land to live a simple life while changing the world--has become this project! Building custom is part of my every day life--in business, in art, in everyday things like my schedule, my clothes, my way of life.
- This house is custom designed to fit me. I'm 6'2". The counters will be higher, the shower head will be higher. Ever tried to fit into something too short for you?
- The loft is just high enough for me to kneel upright without hitting my head, and without compromising head space below the loft. A) What RV has a loft?! and B) Some people are good with squeezing into their sleeping bunk--I need to be able to breathe!
- RVs are designed for summer use... this trailer is insulated well enough to go through Canadian winters comfortably!
- What RV has a wood fireplace?
- RVs are designed for recreational use: there is a lot of hang out space, but not a lot of living space. This trailer has max counter and storage space--space for winter, summer, and all the seasons of life. Minimal counter space can only last me so long before I start going crazy!
- Custom designed by me, for me... while I could put art on any RV wall, building my own home means my wall is art!
- Cheaper, stronger, more leak-proof, and WAY more awesome!
- No particle board. Everything is solid quality, and I've recycled and upcycled everywhere I could!
- Live? In an RV? I live in the different, the uncommon, the unconventional. I never wanted to live in a trailer, never thought I would, but it's an awesome an interesting solution to the cost of living and being able to travel, change the world, and have some fun without worrying about a crazy mortgage and a mountain of debt!